The Complex Birth of Christ!




I have read the scriptures.many times concerning the Birth of Christ.   This includes passages about this
glorious event in the Books of  Matthew and  Luke. The Bible is described as The Living Word and 
this fact has been proven to me many times. Especially when I am doing Bible study. I can get a new message
or revelation from scriptures I have read several times.

 I heard a sermon Sunday by a pastor who discussed   the gospels of Matthew, Mark, and Luke. He said these 
are similar. but the same information is not included in each of them. I am focusing on  his comments
about the Gospels of Matthew and Luke. He said the purpose of Matthew's writings  was to let the readers
know  that Jesus is the long awaited Messiah.  


SAINT MATTHEW ( 1661) REMBRANDT


Matthew 2:1-2, 9, 11 (NKJV)
...wise men from the East came to Jerusalem saying, Where is He who has been born King
   of the Jews? We have seen His star in the East...
..the star went before them, till it came and stood over where the young child was..
..they saw the young Child...and fell down and worshiped Him.
  
He mentioned that Matthew's gospel also starts  the Genealogy of Jesus Christ, with  
Abraham who is Father Of The Jews . He emphasizes David, the King of Jews and
 Jesus is the Son of David.



SAINT LUKE PAINTING, JAMES TISSOT, BROOKLYN MUSEUM

 The pastor said that Luke's gospel deals with Jesus as the Son of Man. Luke gives 
The Genealogy of Jesus back to Adam because Jesus is the Son of Man.

I'll admit that I read the Gospels of Matthew and Luke. Somehow, I overlooked
some important information. I went back and did a more detailed study of Jesus'
Birth and Genealogy. I was able to grasp the perspective that the pastor's
Christmas sermon entailed. I can in ever get too much Bible knowledge!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TIME FOR GOD!