DR. CHARLES STANLEY-FULL OF GOD'S WISDOM!



foxcarolina.com


I discovered  Pastor Charles Stanley via radio, several years ago. I was leaving work and was weary 
because I had processed many claims that day. I was a medical claims examiner which required
multi-tasking. I was stalled in a  long line of traffic. I turned the radio on looking for music to claim
 my nerves.  I suddenly heard the voice of a man saying, "Now listen"!  He was quoting Bible
 scriptures and  explaining what they meant.  I was intrigued because I'd never heard a sermon 
like that!  This was during the  198O's and my church was a  traditional black Baptist church in
the Carolinas.

I knew Pastor Stanley was white because I was listening to a white radio station.  
I didn't care about his race. I liked his style of preaching and started listening  to
 his radio program every week day afternoon.  His messages were  calming my 
nerves after a stressful day at work. Using  the word calming,  might seem like a 
strange comment.  His messages very powerful and  straightforward.  I believed
 he was definitely one  of God's messengers. I wasn't a very religious person at
 that time. But I was inspired and felt some type of spiritual connection.  I listened
 to his radio program for about 15 years.

During year 2000, I discovered he was on a Christian TV channel.
I was elated because I finally saw what he looked like. It was nice
to see the face of the pastor who gave those  Spirit-filled sermons.
I continued to listen to his sermons even though I attended my
own church most Sundays.

I became Saved and Born Again when I was in my 40's. I was 
attending a Charismatic Church. The church members
bought their Bibles with them to church. This church had 
a mixture people  of several racial backgrounds. The 
Pastor preached using the Bible throughout his sermon.
The church members were expected to turn to the 
Scriptures given and follow along. Suddenly all of Pastor
 Stanley's sermons had new meaning for me.  He had been
preaching straight from  God's Word since his radio days.
 I'll admit that I didn't fully comprehend the context of some
 of Pastor Stanley's sermons. I wasn't reading my Bible or
 attending Bible Study when I was listening to his radio programs.

I have been a subscriber to Pastor Stanley's 
YouTube channel for a few years. I am on
the " In Touch Ministries " email list.  
I was on the Internet Tuesday afternoon
when I spotted several websites announcing
his passing. I also received an email from
In Touch Ministries,  confirming the upsetting
news. I was saddened and tearful for a while.
Then I thought about Dr. Charles F. Stanley's
sermons. I have listened to them for more than
20 years.  Amazingly, his message had not
changed and his love for God had remained
the same.  I am certain that he's in heaven
experiencing God's glory right now!





www.pinterest.com


The moral attitude of the world has
 changed.  Some ministers have changed
 the the way they preach and dress. 
Dr. Stanley and In Touch Ministries
always renained conservative made
 God's Will their focus.


I'll continue to watch an archive of
Dr. Stanley's sermons as long as
In Touch Ministries air them on YouTube
and Christian TV channels. God is the same,
today, yesterday, and forever- So is, Dr. Stanley's
Spiritual Messages!  




media.istock.com
  














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TIME FOR GOD!