DISCOVERING THE TRUTH, JOSHUA'S ALTAR

JOSHUA 8:30-31


30 Now Joshua built an altar to the Lord God of Israel in Mount Ebal, 
31 as Moses the servant of the Lord had commanded the children of Israel, as it is written in the Book of the Law of Moses: “an altar of whole stones over which no man has wielded an iron tool. And they offered on it burnt offerings to the Lord, and sacrificed peace offerings.


JOSHUA'S ALTAR
 



HISTORICAL CONTEXT 

A archaeologist named Adam Zertal was doing a
survey in Manasseh at Mt Ebal on 4/6/80.  He discovered a Hebrew altar. The altar was dated
around 1250 B. C.  He used pottery for dating 
the altar.  He also discovered  6.5 ft circular
stones with burnt kosher bones inside it. This
altar may have been built by Joshua.  



 MAP OF EXCAVATION SITES BY ZERTAL









Comments

  1. Hello Lydia,
    I found your blog by chance, because I am also I Bible's lover. Are you sure that a circular altar dated from around - 1400 was discoverd on the mount Ebal ? I ask this because I think that Josue conquered the land of Canaan around this date (- 1406). Here is my blog:http://bibleenquetetemoignage.blogspot.be/
    Shalom
    Jacquy Mengal (Belgium)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jacquy,
    I used Bible.com and Biblical Archaeology Discoveries Newsletter as my source of information. I stopped blogging about the archaeological finds. I would get too upset when I read about looting and destruction of Biblical Artifacts.

    Thanks!


    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

TIME FOR GOD!