HAVE ALL OF US WRESTLED?







NORTHERN YELLOW CARDINAL


https://www.audubon.org




KEY WORD(S): WRESTL(ED); WRESTLINGS


GENESIS 30:  1, 8

Now when Rachel saw that she bore
 Jacob no children, Rachel envied her 
sister ( LEAH), and said to Jacob,
“Give me children, or else I die!”

8 Then Rachel said, “With 

great wrestlings,

I have wrestled with my

sister, and indeed I have 

prevailed.” So she called

his name Naphtali.


22 Then God remembered 

Rachel, and God listened 

to her and opened her 

womb. 

23 And she 

conceived and bore a son, 

and said, “God has taken 

away my reproach.” 

24 So she called his 

name Joseph, and 

said, “The Lord shall add 

to me another son.”




GENESIS 32: 23-28, 30





24 Then Jacob was left 



alone; and a Man wrestled 


with him until the breaking 

of day.

25 Now when He saw that 

He did not prevail against 

him, He touched the socket

 of his hip; and the socket 

of Jacob’s hip was out of 

joint as He wrestled with 

him.



26 And He said, “Let Me 



go, for the day breaks.”


But he said, “I will not let

 You go unless You bless 

me!”

27 So He said to him, 

“What is your name?”

He said, “Jacob.”

28 And He said, “Your name 
shall no longer be called 
Jacob, but Israel; for you 
have struggled with God 
and with men, and have 
prevailed.”

30 So Jacob called the 
name of the place Peniel: 
“For I have seen God face 
to face, and my life is 
preserved.”



EPHESIANS 6: 12


For we do 

not wrestle against flesh

 and blood, but against 

principalities, against 

powers, against the rulers 

of the darkness of this age, 

against spiritual hosts of

 wickedness in the 

heavenly places.













DAILY PRAISE SONG(S)





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TIME FOR GOD!