DON'T BE FOOLED THIS CHRISTMAS!






I have always loved Christmas. I loved 
Christmas when I was a young child 
because I could eat candy and cookies, 
and get plenty of presents. I loved 
Christmas as a young mother because
I loved seeing the joy on my boys faces 
when they opened their presents.





I admit that I wasn't paying attention
when sales clerks and cashiers I saw 
stopped saying, " Merry Christmas". 
Some of my friends worked part-time 
in retail stores during the Christmas 
season.  They were told to say to the
customers, "Happy Holidays."  I'll  
give the store clerks the benefit of 
doubt. They were just saying " Happy 
Holidays" because it's easier than saying 
Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, 
Happy Zwanzaa, and Happy New Year. 
I always greet people during month 
of December with, "Merry Christmas" 
because it makes me happy.  


My family likes to read the following

Bible verses on Christmas Day:


LUKE 2: 7, 11, & 21

7 And she brought forth her firstborn son, 
and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, 
and laid him in a manger; because there
was no room for them in the inn.

11 For unto you is born this day in the 
city of David a Saviour, which is Christ 
the Lord.


21 And when eight days were 
accomplished for the circumcising 
of the child, his name was called Jesus,
which was so named of the angel before 
he was conceived in the womb.


I don't ponder wheter December 25 is 
the correct birthday or where the exact 
location of Jesus' birthplace is.  I give 
praise because, "Christ, the  Savior was 
born!"  Jesus is the Reason I celebrate
Christmas. 


I love listening to Christmas music and
attending Christmas plays. I am retired 
now and have more time to watch 
Christmas movies and stories on T.V. and 
online. Most of them are family oriented 
and are "G" rated. I haven't seen undue 
violence, sexual overtones, or vile
language. It is refreshing to watch an 
entire movie without these elements 
being present. There are some movies 
and stories featuring a new twist. Santa 
Claus has been given supernatural 
powers. He has left the chimney, Rudolph,
his sleigh, bag of toys, and children at the
mall. He was able to grant children and 
adults any wish they desired. Every one 
of their wishes came true.  Many of the
films played  Christmas songs like "Joy 
to the World" and "Silent Night" in the 
background. The problem for me was,
there wasn't a Nativity Scene in sight! 
"I'm just saying!" This is why it is 
important  that I explain to my 
grandchildren, who Saint Nick is and
who Jesus is. I don't want them to get 
the stories twisted!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TIME FOR GOD!