DONKEY TALES




http://guelph.momstown.ca




BIBLE SUBJECT:

DONKEY(S)

The donkey is charged with a rich, important biblical symbolism

http://www.iass-ais.org


GENESIS
 22: 3


So Abraham rose 

early in the 

morning, saddled 

his donkey, and 

took two of his 

young men with 

him, and his son
 Isaac. And he cut 

the wood for the 

burnt offering and 
arose and went to 

the place of which 

God had told him.




GENESIS

 42: 25-27




 25 And Joseph gave orders to fill their bags with grain, and to replace every man's money in his sack, and to give them provisions for the journey. This was done for them.
26 Then they loaded their donkeys with their grain and departed. 
27 And as one of them opened his sack to give his donkey fodder at the lodging place, he saw his money in the mouth of his sack. 
28 He (JOSEPH) said to his brothers, “My money has been put back; here it is in the mouth of my sack!” At this their hearts failed them, and they turned trembling to one another, saying, “What is this that God has done to us?”




EXODUS

 22: 4



If the stolen beast 

is found alive in 

his possession, 

whether it is an 

ox or a 

donkey or a 

sheep, he shall 

pay double.




NUMBERS

 22: 27-31



2 7     When the donkey saw the angel of the Lord, she lay down under Balaam. And Balaam's anger was kindled, and he struck the donkey with his staff. 
28 Then the Lord opened the mouth of the donkey, and she said to Balaam, “What have I done to you, that you have struck me these three times?” 
29 And Balaam said to the donkey, “Because you have made a fool of me. I wish I had a sword in my hand, for then I would kill you.”
 30 And the donkey said to Balaam, “Am I not your donkey, on which you have ridden all your life long to this day? Is it my habit to treat you this way?” And he said, “No.”
31 Then the Lord opened the eyes of Balaam, and he saw the angel of the Lordstanding in the way, with his drawn sword in his hand. And he bowed down and fell on his face.



DEUTERONOMY 

22: 4



You shall not see your brother's donkey or his ox fallen down by the way and ignore them. You shall help him to lift them up again.




JUDGES 15: 16




And Samson said, “With the jawbone of a donkey, heaps upon heaps, with the jawbone of a donkey  have I struck down a thousand men.”




1 SAMUEL

 25: 23-24 & 42



23 When Abigail saw David, she hurried and got down from the donkey and fell before David on her face and bowed to the ground.
 24 She fell at his feet and said, “On me alone, my lord, be the guilt. Please let your servant speak in your ears, and hear the words of your servant.

42 And Abigail hurried and rose and mounted a donkey, and her five young women attended her. She followed the messengers of David and became his wife.




2 KINGS

 4: 22




Then she called to her husband and said, “Send me one of the servants and one of the donkeys, that I may quickly go to the man of God and come back again.”





DAILY PRAISE 

SONG:









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TIME FOR GOD!